Your vehicle may not be getting as much use as it once was if you’ve been away from home, however, this does not mean that you should neglect it. In fact, most car experts would argue that it is even more important to make sure that your car is running effectively so that it does not let you down once we’re allowed to go out and about again. With that being said, read on to discover some Mercedes maintenance and cleaning tips for during the lockdown.
Here are some pieces of advice to follow to ensure your Mercedes is raring to go…
- To make sure that your wiper blades do not stick to your car’s windscreen, lift them off the glass gently and use a lint-free cloth to give them a wipe every couple of weeks.
- Sometimes the brakes of a vehicle can seize when a car is parked up for an extended period of time with the parking brake on. Because of this, we would recommend releasing the parking brake and moving your car a short distance back and forth while the engine is running.
- As any Mercedes Benz Specialist will confirm, it is also a good idea to make sure that you regularly check your tire pressures and adjust them if needed before you store your car. If you are not using your vehicle regularly at the moment, your tire pressures should be checked every four weeks. Most importantly, make certain to check the tire pressure before you begin to use your car on a regular basis again.
- When you are in your vehicle and the engine is running, it is advisable to activate the aircon, both cold and hot, and pump the brake pedal gently to ensure the brake pads are free from the wheels.
- Aside from this, it is important to make sure that the battery in your Mercedes is topped up for driving for a minimum of 30 minutes per week if feasible. If you are not able to do this, you can either disconnect the negative terminal of the vehicle’s battery or you can connect a trickle charger (either solar or mains).
- Finally, you need to keep your fuel tank and your other fluids filled up. This is important because it will help to stop condensation from occurring. As time goes on, and condensation builds up, it can cause a number of different issues, which is why it is vital to prevent this from happening.
So there you have it: everything you need to know about maintaining your Mercedes vehicle during the vacation period. It is important to make sure that your Mercedes is ready for the moment when you get home. Use the Mercedes cleaning and maintenance advice that has been provided above to make sure that this is the case.